Do you find the CAT exam time-consuming and difficult to crack but still want to do an MBA? Then hold on as we provide information about how you can get admission to a management college without passing the CAT exam.
CAT is the premier management entrance exam in India conducted by the collaboration of IIMs (Top B-schools) of India. To get admission into the top IIMs, one needs to get a percentile of 99+; yes! You read this right. A 99+ percentile is the minimum requirement to get admission to the most reputed management colleges like IIM, Ahmedabad, IIM, Bangalore, IIM, Calcutta, etc. Apart from an excellent academic background, these colleges rely on a good CAT score. After reading this, you might have thought about how to do MBA without CAT? No problem, we are here to solve all your concerns and queries.
MBA is the master's program in management through which you will learn the essential business world skills. MBA not only makes you a corporate professional but also develops entrepreneurship skills. In India, CAT has become the synonym for MBA as the chance of getting into a good college is directly proportional to the score you get in the examination.
Every year many students compete to get the desired seat in their dream colleges. To achieve that, they prepare day and night and eventually raise the competition. This makes the other below-average candidates stressed not because they don't excel in the examination but the time required to prepare for it will increase significantly.
After considering all the factors, the aspirants are willing to take direct admissions into the management colleges. Yes, it is possible. If you're looking to get an MBA, then there is no requirement to pass the CAT as there are numerous colleges in India that do not require a CAT score and give direct entries. How? Let's find out:
Facts About Direct MBA Admission
Some points need to be remembered before applying for any management colleges.
- There are 20 IIMs in India, and none of them accept direct entry means you have to qualify CAT to get into any of these.
- Top institutes that offer PGDM require a valid score from the following exams: MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, NMAT, and ATMA.
- Tier-1 private management colleges have their own entrance to get admission. For instance, you can take the example of Symbiosis situated in Pune requiring valid SNAP score, NMIMS situated in Mumbai needs NMAT score to give admission, XIM University, Bhubaneswar accepts CAT, X-GMT, and XAT score.
- MAT is the easiest amongst all MBA entrance examinations and can be passed quickly. The beauty of this exam is its attempts. The examination is carried out four times per year, which means you have a 4x chance of admission compared to CAT.
- There is a management quota as well in a few colleges, but that is a complex process.
- Some colleges give admissions on the merit list prepared with graduation marks.
- AICTE asks all the colleges to give admission without entrance exams.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Without CAT
Before you search for good colleges that offer MBA without CAT, it is required that you first understand what they are looking for. Every college has different parameters that affect your admission, but few common ones are mentioned below:
- A graduate degree from a UGC-recognized institute with a minimum of 50% (60% or 65% for a few colleges) is required.
- 5% reservation is granted for all those reserved categories as per the government of India rules. You can refer to the official websites for each college accordingly.
- There are other exams by which you get admission to your dream college, e.g., XAT, MAT, SNAP, GMAT, NMAT, etc.
There are no specific parameters that you have to follow, and the admission process is pretty simple.
- Register yourself on the college website
- Submit the application fee
- Submit the documents (10th and 12th passing certificate, Graduation final or provisional degree with scorecard, Identity proof, Transfer certificate, Character certificate (if required), and Passport size photograph)
- Attend Group discussions and Personal interviews after getting the call from the colleges
- Submit the tuition fee after selection
- Hurrah! You get yourself enrolled in the management college.
List of Colleges That Give Admission Without CAT
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- National Institute of Management, Calcutta
- XLRI: Xavier Institute of Management, Jamshedpur
- Department of Management Studies, REC, Tamilnadu
- Narsee Monjee University, Mumbai
- IIFT - Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- IILM, Institute for Higher Education, Gurgaon
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
Can I do MBA without CAT? This question will not bother you anymore as it is visible by the above list that there are still great colleges where you can get admission without qualifying CAT. Now, buckle up and start the research for your dream college.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Regenesys Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Amity University (Amity global B-school), Noida
- School of Inspired leadership - SOIL, Gurgaon
- O P Jindal Global University
- GIBS, Bangalore
- Birla Global University, Bhubaneshwar
- IIBS, Bangalore
- UPES School of Business, UPES University, Dehradun
- School of Management and Entrepreneurship - Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- JBIMS, Mumbai